Friday, January 6, 2012

Kathleen Mathews

Here are some thoughts from another one of our candidates for mission:

"My name is Kathleen Mathews and I have the privilege of being accepted into the formation program to become a Lay Mission-Helper.

This process began for me last year, as I found LMH through the Internet. I was previously part of a 10 day medical/construction/pastoral Catholic missionary group to Honduras. The experience changed my life and my priorities. I began looking into long term missionary commitments, thus finding LMH and filling out the extensive paperwork and joining others for the weekend discernment this past September. Much to my delight I was accepted into the program.

I am now filled with excitement, fear, and anxiety as I am beginning this journey. I have the support of many of my family and friends, with others believing that I have lost my mind! I can only say that I pray constantly about this life changing decision and the only reason I am doing this is I truly feel a calling from God. I have been so very blessed in my life and after witnessing the abject poverty and need of so many in Honduras I feel the calling to give back and share my gifts with others and hopefully touch others lives.

Please keep me in your prayers, I really need them!!

Thank you,

Kathleen"

7 comments:

  1. Kathleen,

    What a wonderful journey this will be for you. I am excited to read about your adventures and see how you are growing in your love of God and acceptance of self. I know your journey is going to be amazing. All my love,

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    Great to be able to keep up with you on here. Very excited for you and excited to hear about your adventures and see your photos. Have a wonderful and safe time, we will all be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kath
    Miss ya lots and my prayers are with you!! Can't wait to see the pictures! Have a good one and keep us posted! Many blessings


    Love ya lots Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you! We will be thinking of you throughout this journey.

    Steph, Andrey & Noah

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are crazy for doing this. Crazy Cool! I admire your adventurousness, your bravery, and most of all, your willing to help those less fortunate than us. Good luck and keep us informed!
    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Accepting the will of God wholeheartedly is a sure way of finding joy and peace: happiness in the Cross. Then we realize that Christ's yoke is sweet and that his burden is not heavy.

    Jose Maria Escriva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice hearing from you mom last night. We are all so amazed at what the Lord is doing in your life. You are our heros!

    ReplyDelete