Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jan Donohue

Here I am Lord". That is what I tearfully whispered in church the week after my husband died, and God lovingly reminded me of the dream I once had of becoming a missionary. From that moment, I pursued the possibility and found the organization called Lay Mission-Helpers. They encouraged me, accepted my application and now, after six months of paperwork, perseverance, and prayer, I am beginning the adventure of a lifetime. With God's help and grace, your prayers, and my children's support, I will serve by teaching English in Africa. It hasn't been an easy decision or without stumbling blocks but as I leave for the mission house and my four months of preparation, I can honestly say, "I have heard HIM calling in the night".

-Jan Donohue

No comments:

Post a Comment